Book your Civitavecchia Transfer with us, to ensure a professional, qualified NCC driver is waiting for you at your scheduled time to take you in comfort to your destination.
Civitavecchia to Rome Centre
Rome Center to Civitavecchia
Some important information about Civitavecchia, for cruise arrivals:
Many cruise passengers miss out on seeing Rome entirely, or lose a lot of their limited and valuable time there, by failing to plan ahead to organise their transportation between the port and the city. Here is some information you will find useful in making your transfer decision:
- Civitavecchia is the port of Rome, located 80 kilometres west-north-west of Rome.
- A Civitavecchia transfer by car can take up to 1 and a half hours, depending upon traffic. This includes travelling on the motorway, which is the fastest way to arrive to Rome.
- The Civitavecchia train station is a 5-minute walk from the entrance to the port. Depending upon the pier at which your ship is docked, it can take anything between 30 minutes and 1 hour to arrive at the train station.
- Trains depart from Civitavecchia for Rome every half-hour. If you just miss one, that is 30 minutes lost while you wait for the next one! That means choosing which of Rome’s marvels to leave out of your planned itinerary – the Trevi Fountain? Sistine Chapel? Pantheon? Or the Colosseum?
- Transportation strikes in Italy are commonplace, with on average 10 full-day strikes going ahead every year. This can mean that you arrive at the train station to find that it is closed. At the last minute, especially on strike days, taxis will charge you a fortune to take you into Rome – much more expensive than our NCC cars and not a patch on the quality!
You can see for yourself the extent of Italy’s problems with union strikes on this website, which was set up to advise the public of notifications of upcoming strikes. It is updated on a daily basis.
Overall, if you do not plan on booking a transfer with a professional NCC driver, who will be waiting for you at the very point where you alight from your ship and will escort you to a luxurious, air-conditioned car with permission to use reserved streets in Rome in order to beat traffic, you need to do your research on alternative options, hope for no bad luck on the day, and have a Plan B just in case!
SEE ALSO: Rome Airport Transfers